ME Libraries Card
Sign up at melibraries.ca to activate your Chinook Arch card as a ME Libraries card at another Alberta public library. This gives you the same borrowing experience* as local patrons - you can request and borrow DVDs, CDs, books, magazines, and more!
*Ebooks and other electronic content are not included due to licensing restrictions.
Note that the TAL Card is still used to borrow items from Alberta academic libraries.
Chinook Arch Regional Library System ME Libraries card – Terms and Conditions
Patrons using ME Libraries cards to borrow items from Chinook Arch libraries agree to the following terms:
- Fees, loan periods, renewals and borrowing limits vary depending on the individual Chinook Arch library’s local policies.
- In general, books have a loan period of 3 weeks, A/V materials have a loan period of 1 week. Some materials have extended loan periods including Book Club kits which have a 6 week loan period.
- Overdue fines range from $0.05/day to $0.25/day for books and $0.25/day to $2.00/day for A/V materials. Ask the library you visit about their fine rates.
- Most of the Chinook Arch libraries do not limit the number of items that can be checked out at a time. Some exceptions do exist for special collections and at some Chinook Arch libraries.
- Holds may be placed by ME Libraries card users but the holds must be picked up by the user at a Chinook Arch library.
- CNIB materials may only be checked out by print disabled borrowers.